We celebrated my son's second birthday this past weekend and had so much fun :) My in-laws came up to visit and everyone had such a nice time. This recipe comes from a cookbook that my mother-in-law gave me while she was up here last weekend. She had this recipe bookmarked and wanted to make it for the party. I am so glad she did. I had some requests for the recipe so I figured I'd post it on here to share with everyone :)
Chocolate "Sin" Dessert
For The Crust:
1 cup flour
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 Stick Margarine, melted
For the Chocolate "Sin Filling:
A big container of Cool Whip
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 boxes chocolate pudding instant mix (the little box)
1-2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the ingredients for the crust in a small bowl and press into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake until brown.
3. To make the first layer....
Mix half of the cool whip, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Spread over crust.
4. To make the second layer....
Mix pudding according to directions on box. Layer it on top of the cool whip layer...with the strawberries on the top.
5. To make the third layer....
Top with the remaining cool whip and remaining pecans.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.