Slow Cooker/Grilled Garlic & Herb Corn
(makes as many as you need)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 to 4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp. dry parsley flakes
4 to 5 ears of corn, husked
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Thoroughly mix butter, garlic, and parsley in small bowl.
2. Place each ear of corn on a piece of aluminum foil and generously spread butter on each ear. Season corn with salt and pepper to taste. Tightly seal foil.
3. Place corn in slow cooker; overlapping ears if necessary. Add enough water to come 1/4 of the way up each ear.
4. Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours or on high 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours or until done.
5. If choosing to grill, place foiled ears on top of the grill and let them cook for a good 15-20 minutes, being sure to turn them occasionally.
**Libby's Notes: If you can, try to use fresh off the farm sweet corn on the cob. The taste will blow you away!
Recipe Source: From the book, "Crock Pot: Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes"