What do you get when you combine graham crackers, vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, and chocolate? You get this lovely dessert in the picture above.
Back when I was a working woman (outside the home), one of my co-workers came to a meeting toting this lovely dessert with her.
When she told me it was an Eclair Cake, the first thought that came to my mind was, "now how in the world could you take ingredients from those lovely Eclair doughnuts in the stores and make it into a cake??"
Oh...how I was so young back then!
I didn't understand how it all could fit into a cake...lol.
I never had a chance to obtain her recipe, however, a few years later, I stumbled upon this recipe, which is VERY close to hers. It has been in our family since then.
You will have everyone fooled into thinking you spent hours on this cake. When really, it only takes 15 minutes to make! That's it.
Make it the evening before you need it and have it chill overnight in the fridge.
So simple and easy....you can't go wrong with it :)
Vanilla and Chocolate Eclair Dessert
(makes 18 servings)
1 box of graham crackers
3 cups of cold milk
2 packages (4 serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Flavored Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1 tub (12 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
1 container (16 oz.) chocolate fudge frosting
1. Arrange 1/3 of the crackers on the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Break the crackers to fit, if necessary.
2. In a large bowl, combine the milk, packages of Jell-O pudding, and Cool Whip. Mix until thickened up a little.
3. Spread half of the pudding mixture onto the graham crackers.
4. Place half of the remaining crackers over the pudding.
5. Top with remaining pudding and crackers.
6. Open your container of fudge frosting and microwave on high for one minute.
7. Spread evenly over the crackers.
8. Refrigerate dessert for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
Libby's Notes: You could also make this dessert in banana, double chocolate, or pistachio. Just change up the flavor of the pudding mix :)
Recipes Source: From the cookbook, Jell-O Classic Recipes.